We are nearing the party season and your thoughts may be turning to sparkle. But where? How much? A basic principle of dressing and of makeup is that light brings forward and dark recedes. Sparkle is all about catching the light so think of accentuating your assets
High/Low dressing is chic at the moment so try teaming your sparkle with something casual.
1. You are a typical English pear? Wear a sparkly top and dark skirt or trousers Here's one from Mint Velvet to suit you if you are cool-toned***
2. You are an athletic build - i.e. your shoulders are bigger than your hips? Go for a sparkly skirt like this one from Karen Millen and a matte (possibly dark) top.
3. If sparkly clothes are not you and you have a reasonably long neck, keep it simple and add a sparkly scarf. Here's one for a warm-toned gal and another if you are cool-toned from Not-on-the-High-Street.
4. If you prefer the idea of sparkly shoes these low-heeled silver courts are from Clarks and the gold flatties from LK Bennett If you want to go luxe these beauties are from Russell and Bromley
5. ....or just carry a sparkly handbag. Here's one from Accessorize
6. ... or wear your sparkle in jewellery.
7. You have bright, cool colouring and white teeth? You can rock diamante like these from Sophisticato
8. You are more muted? Go for a gentler gleam - e.g. pearls with a pink or yellow tinge like this necklace also from Sophisticato
9. You are over 50? Go for matte makeup. Of course I recommend Look Fabulous Forever which is specially formulated for you. Only a couple of products in the range have shine. Try a dot of "Sheer Brilliance Lid Colour". above your pupil and maybe another in the inner corner of your eyes.
10. And a touch of lip gloss in the centre of your lips worn over the top of lipstick can add some extra shine for parties. Here is "Fabulous Lip Shine"
And of course the most important sparkle of all is your lovely smile!